Weird Wax Co. Candle Care 101
Due to the fact that our products are meant to be lit on fire, proper care is essential.
- Remove wick tags.
- Trim the wick to at least ⅛ inch.
- Remove any charred wood/carbon debris from the wick and/or candle wax.
- Always burn candles in sight and never leave unattended.
- Keep away from wind and air vents as well as flammables including children, pets, curtains, and carpets.
- When ready to extinguish, avoid blowing candles out, use a snuffer to prevent distributing hot wax or flames into your environment. Never use water to extinguish a candle flame.
- Never burn to the bottom of the vessel or candle, leave a small amount of wax at the bottom.
- Allow the candle to cool completely and harden before reburning, moving or touching it.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from dust and light.
Special instructions for MOLD CANDLES such as pillars and novelty pumpkins, rainbows, etc:
- Do not burn mold candles for more than 2 hours at a time.
- Only burn mold candles on a candle holder or a heat safe plate.
- Do not burn in water.
Special instructions for VESSEL CANDLES:
- Do not burn candles for more than four hours at a time.
- During the first burn, prevent tunneling by burning the candle until a wax pool forms across the entire diameter of the vessel.
Special instructions for WAX MELTS:
- Only burn as intended in a candle warmer. Please note that some candle warmers may not be compatible as they may not have sufficient heating capabilities.
- Not following proper candle care can result in overheating and fire.
- Fragrances, UV light, dust, pet hair, and other factors may naturally discolor wax over time.
- Weird Wax Co is not responsible for any damages that result from misuse of products.